What I made:
- Steak Diane (filet mignon recipe from the Bitten blog)
- Leek and tomato tart (recipe from a baking book I got for Christmas)
- McKinnon's Meat Market rocks! ($6.99/lb for the filet mignon cuts)
- Frozen pie tarts from the market are a life saver. (and it was over a year old! hahah don't worry, the expiry date was for March ... whew!)
- Hard goat cheese will not melt in the oven. Oh well!
- That baking book rocks! (Thanks to my cousin Lyd!)
- Cooking within an hour seems super short compared to my usual 1.5-2hr cook offs ... I gotta start being less ambitious.
I also made Dutch babies twice now!! All thanks to Joy. :) (Dutch babies are my fave thing to order at the Original House of Pancakes whenever I go home to CA.)
Next up? Panna cotta with a lemon-strawberry sauce (I absolutely adored the one I had in Venice) and carbonara. Oh, and puttanesca whenever I finally decide to get those fresh olives. I've made it before, but I'll do it again if anyone would like to do a dinner party. Anyone?