I plan on making ...
- kalua pig (rub w/ red clay salt and liquid smoke, then leave in slow cooker--easy!)
- rice and buns (to be bought for anyone inclined to treat the kalua pig like shredded pork)
- stir fried cabbage (simple ... it's actually supposed to be mixed with the pig, but I'm keeping it separate for the vegetarians.)
- macaroni salad (I'm obviously going for the Hawaiian theme here ... besides, I just need to cut, boil and mix.)
- tofu "poke" (for the vegetarians and the wannabes. We'll have enough meat, as is.)
- hurricane popcorn (to make on hand in case there's not enough food!)
Now I'm craving hurricane popcorn ...
Success! People kept coming back for seconds of the kalua pork that I ended up having only cabbage and mac salad as leftovers for work. I'll have to make it again for The Boy and friends. I did, however, help a friend make it for a work lunch, and I shall have to ask her how it turned out.