Monday, March 9, 2009

Gin and Robitussin

I have this little joke that alcohol and Robitussin are interchangeable ever since my dad gave me Robitussin (a cough was keeping me up at night) and said that I might as well have alc. A friend and I also once wrote a song (at 10pm on a beach nonetheless) called "Gin and Robitussin." The first couple of lines go:

Hey dear, will you buy me some gin?
'cause I'm getting really tired of Robitussin.

(It's funnier in person, I swear, and even better when you don't know the words yet.)

Anyway, last night I took the last teaspoon of Robitussin left in the bottle (a usual dose is 2 teaspoons), and was woken up perpetually by a cough or two. I ended up taking a cough drop and falling asleep with it still in my mouth ... stuck next to a tooth. That's probably not too good for tooth health, but it sorta helped with the cough. It was annoying!

I called in late to work since I didn't sleep well, I picked up an even bigger bottle of Robitussin on the way to work, and I have an afternoon appointment to get checked out by a doctor. I've been sick for over a week, so I figure it's about time I got it checked out. The last time I did this, though, I had mono and found out 2 weeks late. I wonder what it is this time ... strep? bronchitis?? Hahah, probably not, but with my luck, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment