Friday, June 5, 2009

Pictures, Finally!

I've finally gotten around to editing photos from my kitchen "adventures"! I could always format it more, but I think it's a better trade-off ... less formatting, more photo postings.

Dutch baby (a.k.a. German Oven Pancake), recipe from Joy's blog. Mine has a funny shape. :)

Herb garden! The plants are now about 50% bigger than they appear in this photo.
Left planter: purple sage, cilantro, ginger mint (not very minty, unfortunately) :(
Right planter: Mexican chili, sweet basil, rosemary
Unseen: plum tomatoes, growing in a Topsy-Turvy planter!


Red pepper jelly! I wanted to buy some, but didn't know where to find it, so I looked up Chowhound. Lo and behold, someone suggested making some yourself, which I obviously did ...

Citrus-mint cooler (non-alcoholic!), which I made for a friend's birthday since he doesn't drink. Unfortunately, the mint wasn't minty enough. Sadness!

Jalapeno poppers--these were AMAZING when fresh out of the oven! I'm definitely making this again.

Salad with chicken hearts and orange segments, in a balsamic-honey dressing. Shrimp in honey and rice vinegar (didn't have any lime, which I think would've been a great add). Boiled potatoes tossed with garlic and rosemary cooked in butter. (I usually roast my potatoes, but I think we were trying to save time?)

I hope you enjoyed the photos! I'll be taking photos more often, since I'm going to be the food blogger for MochiMag.com (yay!).

3 comments: