- The Boy needed someone to re-park his car (a Subaru WRX) to the other side of the road while he was away. Street cleaning was the reason.
- WRX was currently sandwiched between two cars.
- The Boy's roommate knows how to drive stick, but couldn't move it 'cause he doesn't have a license in the States. I'm the opposite. We made the worst combination. He stayed in the apartment while I went out to attempt the impossible by myself.
- I propped a pillow in front of the car that's behind the WRX.
- Going backwards actually went smoothly. I had perfect control with the reverse gear.
- But I stalled going forward while trying to get out of the spot.
- People were walking by.
- Cars were driving by.
- I got over my embarrassment.
- I stalled about 5 more times before I finally got out of the spot.
- Continued to roll forward (still in 1st gear) and made a clean U-turn into a perfect parking spot behind a line of cars.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Thrown Back into the Fire that is Manual ...
Here's a quick recap of round two of driving manual (alone!) ... and yes, this time the assignment was more difficult: